What is WordPress:-
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool that written in PHP. But it very easy to use, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. With the help of WordPress, we can create most powerful and dynamic websites without any programming skills.
Most of the Non-technical persons don’t know what is the meaning of CMS. Let me explain you a bit more about this so you can understand it. A CMS provides us a backend admin panel for updating website content, images, navigation(Menu) and many other things without changing the code files.
Why it is most popular CMS:-
Today WordPress is most powerful and easy to use CMS. If you don’t know any programming languages like HTML, CSS, PHP, still you can create a fully functional website by using it. Here are some other features that make it most powerful and popular.
- Anyone can use it and make a website for your business.
- Easy to use. We can create websites without any technical knowledge.
- It provides a lot of free and paid themes and plugins. We can simple install plugins in the WordPress admin panel and extend its functionality. Within few clicks, we can plug and play with themes and plugins.
- It has great support.
- It is Search engine optimization(SEO) friendly. It provides many tools for SEO optimization.
- WordPress Admin Panel: Its admin panel is easy to use, we can create unlimited pages, add content to the pages with the help of a WYSIWYG editor. In other words, we can customize website look and feel and layout with the help of admin panel(dashboard).
- WordPress has simple and quick processes for installation and upgrade. In the next tutorials, I will tell you how you can install it on the server and build a website for your business.
Advantages of WordPress:
- It is an open source web framework and free to use.
- We can add Media files like images easily and quickly.
- We can create an unlimited number of pages on the website. It provides dynamic website
- No technical knowledge required to build basic websites.
- It supports multi-language, means we can create a website with any language like English, Hindi, Arabic, Chines and much more.
- It provides Built-in Comments system.
- It is rich in features and Security. It provides various free plugins for security. Just plug and play in WordPress and your website becomes fully secure.
Below you can see the screenshot of WordPress admin panel dashboard.
In short, WordPress has rich in features and support. Easy to understand and free open source framework. It does not require any technical knowledge to build a website.