When we install WordPress in our domain, we saw a default theme is installed in our WordPress. The default theme is twenty sixteen. It displays blog page on the home page. Everyone does not want a blog on the homepage. Mainly home page used to show the static content. So you have to make a separate page for your posts. In this article, we discuss how to create a separate blog page and set it to show your posts.
- 1. Log in to your dashboard and hover on Pages option given in the left sidebar. After hover, some option will appear. Click on Add new option.
- 2. A new window will appear. Name your page ‘Blog’ or whatever you want by clicking on Enter Title Here field.
- 3. Click on Publish button given on the right side of the page to save or publish your page. You had made a separate page to show your posts.
- 4. Now hover on Settings option given in the left sidebar and click on the Reading option.
- 5. Now click on A static page option and then click on Post page drop-down and select the page you previously created.
- 6. Click on Save Changes button given in the below of the page.
To see your posts on the blog page
- Hover on Pages option given in left sidebar and click on All Pages option.
- Hover on the Blog page(which you created earlier) and click on View option.
You will see a default post shown on the Blog page. Similarly, you can make your own posts and all of your posts will be displayed on the Blog page.