Are you searching on how to add contact form in WordPress website? Follow these simple steps for it.
Contact form on your website is a great way for visitors to communicate with you. If you visit a number of websites on the internet, you will find it on almost every website. Basically, it is a set of questions filled by the visitors when they have some queries or they want to communicate with you. When the visitors fill out it and send, it will automatically send an email from the visitor regarding the query. Nowadays most people like to communicate using emails rather than speaking directly. So this is a great way to communicate with the visitors. Here we will discuss how to add a contact form to WordPress using a plugin named Contact Form 7.
What is Contact Form 7 in WordPress?
Contact Form 7 is a famous and widely used plugin for WordPress. There are many advantages of using this plugin like you will get more customization options. Also, this plugin can manage multiple contact form. It is very easy to use & flexible. With few efforts, you can easily create a contact form for your website. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on. So for beginners, it is a very useful plugin because you need lesser skill.
How to add contact form in WordPress
- Login to dashboard and hover on Plugins option given in the left sidebar and click on Add New option.
- A new window opens and searches Contact Form 7 in the search field given on the right. See below screenshot:
- A plugin appears as you search as shown in the below screenshot. Now you have to install and activate the plugin. To know how to install and activate a plugin read our previous article.
- After you install the plugin you will notice Contact option in the left sidebar. Click on it.
- A new window opens and here you can see a default form.
- You can use this default form on your website. But before you have to do a little customization. Hover over the form and click on Edit option.
- Click on Mail tab given in the main menu.
- Enter your email id on which you want to get the emails from visitors.
- Then click on Save button given on the right to save your changes.
- Copy the shortcode given above.
- Paste on the page where you want to display the form and update the page using Update button.
- Visit the page to see the changes.
You can also check how to Use Shortcodes in WordPress Sidebar Widgets.
So by using this plugin, you can create a powerful contact form for your website. You can also create a custom form using this plugin which we will discuss later.
You may also like How to setup and configure Yoast SEO plugin in WordPress.