Are you looking for a tutorial on how to install plugin in WordPress? It is step by step tutorial for newbies.
After you install WordPress, the first thing you look for the plugins. Plugins are basically PHP scripts which are most important tools used in WordPress. A plugin provides an extra feature on your website like a slideshow, gallery etc. These are an awesome feature of WordPress. It saves lot’s of time and we just need to install the plugin into your theme. There are a number of WordPress plugin available some are free and some are paid. Plugins indeed are one of the key things that make WordPress awesome, and you should definitely familiar with the new plugins.
But to use plugin we should know about how to install plugins. Plugin installation is a very simple & straight-forward process. We can install a plugin by three methods:
1. Using your dashboard Search option.
2. Using upload option on the dashboard.
3. Using FTP or manually.
1. Using Dashboard
- Log in to your dashboard & hover on plugin option given the left sidebar & click on add new option.
- You will see a new window. Here you can see a number of plugins showing & you can select the desired plugin or search any plugin by its name by using search field given in the top right corner.
- Click on the install button given on the each plugin. It will take some time to install your plugin. After installing click on activate button appear after installing a plugin.
- To see the status of your plugin click on installed plugins option given under plugins tab in the left sidebar.
- A new window will appear & you can see if your plugin is activated or not. If not activated then click on the activate button given the plugin you installed.
2. Using upload option in the dashboard.
You can also install a plugin you downloaded from other sources by using dashboard. Follow the steps:
- Click on the add new option given under plugin tab in the left sidebar as shown above. Now click on upload plugin option given in the top.
- Click on browse option and select the plugin you downloaded. Click on install now button given on the right.
- A new window will appear. Just click on activate plugin option & your plugin will be installed. You can check the status of your plugin by the same procedure mentioned above.
3. Using FTP or Cpanel or Manually
- Download your plugin zip file & extract it. Then go to your plugin folder Using FTP. Just upload your extracted plugin inside the plugin folder. Congratulations !! Your plugin installed.
- Now you can activate it. To activate it go to installed plugin link in the dashboard. Click on the activate button given the plugin you installed.