In this lesson, we discuss how we can Add Posts in WordPress. When you create your website you want your website should have updated content. Basically, pages are created to contain static content. So we look for posts to update latest news and information. Posts are written on a regular schedule and the main key to making posts is to keep the website fresh and active. Posts can be organized using categories and tags and that’s why it is easy to order posts according to need. We use posts to update the latest news and information about your website. Here we will discuss how to add a post in WordPress.
Find below-mentioned points to Add Posts.
Step (1) − Navigate to Posts > Add New section from your wp-admin panel.
Step (2) − A new window opens. Enter the title of your post in the Enter Title Here field.
Step (3) – You can write your content in the below box shown in the image below:
Step (4) – You can write your content in Visual Mode as well as in Text Mode. By default is in Text Mode. Here you can write your HTML. In visual mode, your content will look exactly same on the page as in the visual mode. You can’t write HTML in Visual Mode. You can switch between these two modes by clicking here:
Step (5) – Click on Publish button to publish your post. Once you publish your post the Publish button changes to Update button.
Following are some options in the Publish section:
- Save Draft − This option saves the post as a draft.
- Preview − If you want to see the preview of the post before publishing you can click on that button.
- Move to Trash − Delete your current post.
- Status − Change the status of your post to Published, Pending, or Reviewer Draft.
- Visibility − Change the visibility of the post to Public, Private or Password protected.
- Published − Change the published post date and time.