In this lesson, we discuss how we can Add Users in WordPress. In the previous lesson, we discuss the Users Roles in WordPress. Whenever a new user register for your website, you get an e-mail notification about the user registration. You can get into your dashboard and edit the role of the User.
Find below-mentioned points to Add Users in WordPress.
Step (1) − Click on Users > Add New section from your wp-admin panel.
Step (2) − You will be prompted with an Add User page. Here you can fill the details of the User. There are some required fields which you must fill to proceed further.
- Username (required) – Enter the username. This field is required so you have to fill this field. The username will be displayed on the website.
- E-mail (required) – Enter the E-mail of the user. This field is also required.
- First Name – Enter the first name of the User.
- Last Name – Enter the last name of the User.
- Website – If User has any website, enter the URL of the website here.
- Password – Enter the Password for the User profile.
- Send User Notification – If you check this box, User will get a notification from the Website.
- Role – Assign a role for the User. You can select from the drop-down and select the desired role.
Click on Add New User button to add the user.
Step (3) – You can see the New user from the list of all Users.