Find below-mentioned points to Customize Theme in WordPress.
Step (1) − Log in to your dashboard. Next, find the Appearance option given in the left sidebar & click on Customize option.
Step (2) − You can see a number of options there in the left navigation menu as shown in the Screenshot:
1. Site Identity – It contains some basic options for your website. As the name suggests, this tab contains site identification options like a logo, title and others which are discussed below:
- Logo – You can upload your site logo here.
- Site Title – You can add site Title to your website.
- Tagline – You can add tagline here. A Tagline is basically, appears after Site Title in the address URL bar of the browser.
- Site Icon – Site icon is also known as Favicon. This is a small icon which appear in the address URL bar of the browser.
Last, click on the Published button to save your changes.
2. Colors – As the name suggests, here you can change basic colors of your website.
- Base Color Scheme – You can select from some given base colors. It basically changes the background color of your website.
- Background Color – You can use your custom color for the background.
- Header and Sidebar Text Color – As the name suggests, it controls the color of header and sidebar text.
- Header and Sidebar Background Color – As the name suggests, it controls the background color of header and sidebar.
3. Header Image – As the name suggests, You can add an image to the header background.
4. Background Image – You can add an image to the background of your website.
5. Menus – You can create any number of the menu here. Also, You can set Menu Position or location. To know how to create a menu read our lesson of Add Menu in WordPress.
6. Widgets – You can add new widgets to your site. Also, you can order widgets as per your need.
7. Homepage Settings – You can set blog page as homepage or you can set a static page as a homepage.
8. Additional CSS – You can write your custom CSS here.
Note: Don’t Forget to Click on Publish button given on left top side to apply your changes.