In this lesson, we discuss how we can Edit Media in WordPress. We already discuss how we can Add Media in WordPress in the previous chapter. You can add some useful information to each media files that are saved in Media Library.
Find below-mentioned points to Edit Media Files.
Step (1) − Navigate to Media > Library section from your wp-admin panel.
Step (2) − A new window opens. Here you can see a list of all of your Media files. Select any Image to edit.
Step (3) – You will see the edit Media page with few options on the right side of the page. Click on Edit More Details option given to the bottom.
- URL − You can see the read-only link to your media file.
- Title − This is the name of your Media File.
- Permalink − It is the URL of your Media Page.
- Edit image button − This allows you to edit image position such as rotate, flip, scale and crop.
- Caption − A brief explanation of your Media.
- Alternate Text − This text is used to describe Media.
- Description − Description of your Media.
- Delete Permanently − This option deletes your Media file permanently.
Step (4) – Finally, click on Update button to save your changes.