In this lesson, we will discuss WordPress Permalink Setting. Permalink is used to set a permanent link to your individual blog posts or category. The URL to each post will be fix and never change hence the name permalink. You can set a custom permalink structure.
Following are the steps to access WordPress permalink setting:
Step1 – Log in to the dashboard. and Click on Settings → Permalink option in WordPress.
Step2– You will see The Permalink Setting page like below screenshot.
Following are the details of setting page.
Common Settings – Choose your permalink structure by clicking on any of the radio buttons.
- Plain – It sets default structure for your posts in WordPress.
- Day and name – It sets URL structure according to date and name of your posts.
- Month and name – It sets URL structure according to month and name of your posts.
- Numeric – It sets number structure for your posts in WordPress.
- Post name – It sets URL structure according to post name in WordPress.
- Custom Structure – It sets URL structure according to your choice by writing the desired name in the text box.
Optional – These options are optional. You can enter custom structure for your category and tag URLs here. If your text box is empty then default settings will apply.
- Category Base – Add custom prefix to your category URL.
- Day and name – Add custom prefix to your Tags URL.
Finally, click on Save Changes to save your settings.